The first Umbraco CMS course on Udemy!
Umbraco is a CMS(Content Management System) platform that allows developers to create websites that are tailor made for their clients. As a CMS it provides great separation between code and content management. It’s flexibility is what makes Umbraco one of the most versatile CMS systems on the market.
In this course you will learn the fundamentals you will need to manage, maintain and customise your Umbraco website. In the course you will be using version 7.10.4 which was released on Tue Apr 24 2018. The course also contains Umbraco Version 8 updates and a lecture on the differences between the two versions.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Set up Umbraco
- Navigate through the backoffice
- Create document types
- Using the grid
- Creating templates
- Creating Macros
- Using the Query Builder
- Selecting from the Umbraco database
- Mini Profiler
For this course it will help if:
- You had Visual Studio installed
- Basic understanding of C#
- Some experience with other CMSs
As part of this course you will see how to utilise Visual Studio to set up your very first Umbraco Sample Website. We will then use this website to identify all the different elements of the backoffice. You will then learn how to extend their functionality in order to better meet requirements for your site.
Who is the target audience?
- Students willing to learn
- Students who are determined to finish the course
- Students who wish to learn about Umbraco
- Students who will be working with Umbraco backoffice
- Students who will be managing an Umbraco installation
I hope this course meets all your expectations and helps you progress your Umbraco career.