Are you a beginner on cloud Development and want to start learning ? I have compiled some tips that will hopefully help you get started and look out for some common misconceptions:
- Sign up to courses for your chosen cloud platform
- Sign up to a free cloud trial. Most of the big cloud providers like Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure give you a $300 credit to try the service for a year.
- Create services and see how they can be used to save you money and increase performance
- Use cloud services calculators to estimate costs
- Turn off services you create after you are done testing them
Cloud computing can be scary to new users as they assume it is expensive. The reason for this is you pay for what you use and that is something hard to calculate. It is true, if not set up correctly you can end up with a situation where you are overpaying for a set up that your application does not require. To avoid this always do research into what will suit you best. Estimate costs and turn off services you are not using to reduce costs.